The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent.
Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, OS/2, Windows).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
qBittorrent is developed by volunteers in their spare time.
If you like this piece of software, please make a donation and help it survive.
Donation info here.
If you want to help in translating qBittorrent, see these instructions.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- No Ads
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sites
- Category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software)
- RSS feed support with advanced download filters (incl. regex)
- Many Bittorrent extensions supported:
- Magnet links
- Distributed hash table (DHT), peer exchange protocol (PEX), local peer discovery (LSD)
- Private torrents
- Encrypted connections
- and many more...
- Remote control through Web user interface, written with AJAX
- Nearly identical to the regular GUI
- Sequential downloading (Download in order)
- Advanced control over torrents, trackers and peers
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Bandwidth scheduler
- Torrent creation tool
- IP Filtering (eMule & PeerGuardian format compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, OS/2
- Available in ~70 languages
Go ahead and try qBittorrent, you won't regret it!